Friday, June 18, 2010

Loneliness



Looking at the pictures that had fade its colours,
I cast down.
I felt cold on the outside;
empty on the inside.
This feeling is something that cannot be beaten.
In all my attempts at overcoming it,
I have fallen.
Its power is too overwhelming
for one to conquer.

Lost in this darkness,
I try to overcome it with fear and pain.
Nonetheless,
I failed.
My only wish is to have someone
here to rid me of it.
Someone here to hold me tightly
and whisper in my ear:
"Everything will be ok, I'm here now"
Only they aren’t here,nor are they coming.

Oh how I long to be rid of this feeling,
but onward I must tread with its weight
upon my back.
And it's is way too much for me to uphold.
Unable to be rid of this
hurt and pain
for loneliness knows no company...

Is this the feeling of being lonely?

I don't know.

"Loneliness is the most terrible poverty."
-Mother Teresa

0 comments:

Post a Comment